Thursday, April 8, 2010

Introduction: NCAA Division I Conference Realignment

Over the preceding few months I've found myself more and more interested in (and maybe even totally captivated by) conference alignment, as it relates to football and basketball, in Division I of the NCAA.  I'm not sure where it came from, other than that I'm sure some poster's musings on Bradleyfans had to be related.  I started off innocently enough, imagining a conference of basketball-focused private universities in the Midwest striking out and forming a basketball (and soccer) focused power conference.  The interest had become something more when I unleashed a rambling drunken rampage on my brother and Dusty in Des Moines.  Then it proceeded straight into the obsession phase when I spent some great many hours creating a spreadsheet including all basketball teams that will compete at the Division I level for the 2010-2011 season. 

Now I will begin a series of posts/articles that will hopefully clearly convey my thoughts on scenarios for how this could occur and what some of the ramifications could be for college basketball in general and Bradley in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment