Tuesday, November 16, 2010

(Bears Win) Sweet...?

I wasn't able to watch since I was on a plane home from my short vacation with the wife to Sarasota, FL, but the Bears apparently took care of business and won a media-trademarked Big Game.  They beat division rival and preseason NFC North favorite Minnesota Vikings.  By accounts the offense was decent and the defense good, which is probably our best bet for decent results this year.  Pundits the next morning refused to say that Cutler was "managing the game" as he evidently took some shots downfield and ran when necessary.  It sounds like I would have had a lot of fun watching.

So.  Good then.  Problem here is that the Vikings are all kinds of screwed up.  They're 3-6 now and in total disarray.  Their coach is reviled by his players, and it seems like they're in full-on implosion mode.  I keep hoping the Bears will continue to turn in results that kind of make them look competent.  I just can't quite get myself to believe it.  They've lost the games they were awful in, like anyone else, but it was the historical nature of how awful they were that makes me question whatever I'm looking at.  I get a very house-of-cards feeling about them.  Hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment