Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Big Ten Expansion Warning

Threat Level: Orange.  :)

It's now being widely reported by radio stations all over that the Big Ten has extended offers to some mix of the following: Notre Dame, Nebraska, Missouri, and Rutgers.  The most reasonable sounding one to my ears indicates that Rutgers is a fall back in case the others don't go, but who knows.  The Big Ten has denied all of it, officially, and is claiming to still be on the 18-month time table outlined before.  That could be true, but with this level of cat-out-of-the-baggedness I have to think there's something going on.  It reminds me that I haven't yet spewed out more of my Grand Unification Theory of Conference Realignment on this blog-- something I commit to doing a better job of.

No comments:

Post a Comment